BANDUNG, unpas.ac.id – A First-party Professional Certification Institution (Lembaga Sertifikasi Profesi Pihak Kesatu, LSP-P1) Universitas Pasundan holds a verification process of assessment device for 7 new schemes in Faculty of Engineering.
LSP-P1 is an institution running on the field of profession assessment which is based on competency of SKKNI (Standar Kompetensi Kerja Nasional Indonesia). LSP-P1 takes role as the assistance of Badan Nasional Sertifikasi Profesi (BNSP).
This institution was officially started on 15 September 2018 by Rector of Unpas Prof. Dr. Eddy Jusuf Sp, M.Si., M.Kom., ISU after he was handed the Decree of LSP-P1 Unpas from Head of BNSP Ir. Sumarna F. Abdurrahman, M.Si on 1 August 2018.
“We targeted on Unpas active students, institution, as well as other universities which has taken the MoU with Unpas LSP-P1,” said the Director of Unpas LSP-P1, Ir. H. Erwin Maulana Pribadi, MT., IPM., on Thursday, 23 September 2021.
LSP-P1 can issue and publish a competence certificate based on the scheme which has already been validated by BNSP. With this certificate, students have an additional value and it is much easier for them to get a job since they have already obtained their education based on their qualification and skill.
He explained that after joining the competency assessment held by LSP-P1, students will get a skill recognition certificate in the field they followed to.
“Competency certificate will certainly add public trust on the institution credibility. Through LSP-P1, students are expected to have competency; not only they understand the theory, but also apply it into practice,” he continued.
In this program, there are seven schemes of competency which are being assessed, namely:
- Personnel for General Occupational Safety and Welfare (Personil Keselamatan dan Kesejahteraan Kerja (K3) Umum
- Supply Chain Manager
- Food Safety Control in the Production Process (Pengendalian Keamanan Pangan pada Proses Produksi)
- Air-conditioning System Design (Perancangan Sistem Tata Udara)
- Software Engineering
- Technical Assistance in Public-based Sanitation Facility Development (Pendampingan Teknis dalam Pembangunan Sarana Sanitasi Berbasis Masyarakat)
- First-stage Plan for Urban and Regional Plan (Perencanaan Muda Tata Ruang Wilayah dan Kota)
To attend this certification, students should have passed the main course subject of each department. Students who can take this program are mostly in their 7th, 8th, and 9th semester of study. (Reta)*