BANDUNG, unpas.ac.id – Directorate General of Higher Education (Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi, Ditjen Dikti), Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kementerian Pendidikan, Kebudayaan, Riset, dan Teknologi, Kemendikbudristek) released an official statement regarding the open registration for Program Kampus Merdeka on their social media account.
There are three programs which can be attended by students throughout Indonesia, namely Internship and Certificated Independent Study, Student Exchange and Kampus Mengajar.
The program of MBKM in Unpas started to be joined by the 5th-semestter student. It is optional, but the institution requires to provide their best service and treatment. Its implementation method is divided into three, namely block method, non-block method and acceleration method or short-semester.
Reported from kampusmerdeka.kemdikbud.go.id, these are brief descriptions and requirements of each programs:
- Internship and Certificated Independent Study
A certificated internship aims to give opportunity for students to learn and improve their skill outside the campus, in order to obtain work experience at an industry or professional work for 1-2 semesters.
Independent studies are intended for students who have a passion for realizing great works that are contested at the international level, works of innovative ideas, or conducting research and development.
Specific requirements regarding the Internship and Certificated Independent Study for students are available on each website of Kampus Merdeka Program – Certificated Internship.
- 10 June – 15 July 2021 : Registration on Kampus Merdeka platform
- 16 June – 31 July 2021 : Partners recruiting participants of the program
- August 2021 – January 2022 : Internship and Independent Study taking place: students should report their daily activities on Kampus Merdeka platform
- December 2021 – January 2022 : Internship and Independent Study taking place: students should report their daily activities on Kampus Merdeka platform
- Merdeka Student Exchange
Merdeka Student Exchange is a cross-campus-and-cultural student exchange program with a credit transfer system as much as 20 credits.
Requirements of Merdeka Student Exchange programs:
- A 3-7th-semester active student
- GPA 2.75 of 4.00. Students who have GPA under 2.75 can attach other legal achievement certificate, of minimum in the province level
- Never been subject to academic and non-academic sanctions
- Not a student participating in PERMATA or PERMATA SAKTI program
- Having one chance and getting funded by the program of Merdeka Student Exchange
- Willing to comply with all requirements by Merdeka Student Exchange
- Personal information (name, place and birth place, student number, identity number) in accordance with the data in PDDIKTI
- Recommendation Letter from the department/study program/ Dean/ Vice Dean of Student Affairs
- Health certificate issued by Public Health Center or hospital
- Province-level Achievement certificate (especially for students who have GPA under 2,75)
- Parental Consent Letter
- Integrity pact
- 14 – 27 June 2021 : Student registration
- End of June/ Beginning of July 2021 : Fulfillment of Diversity Surveys
- Week I – II of July 2021 : Participant selection and placement
- Week III July – Week II August 2021: University preparing for student pullout and admission
- August 2021 – January 2022 : Merdeka Student Exchange taking place (adjusted to the academic calendar of each university)
- Augutst 2021 – January 2022 : Students submitting their activity report
- February – March 2022 : Program taking place, followed up by students (optional)
- Kampus Mengajar
Kampus Mengajar Program of 2021 Second Generation gives students opportunity to improve their skill outside the college by helping literacy and numeracy in primary and high school for one semester.
Other that improving creativity, leadership and interpersonal skill, students also will get an actual experience on the field, hone critical thinking skill in solving problem and get conversion more or less as much as 20 credits.
Requirements needed in Kampus Mengajar, including:
- A 5-semester active student
- GPA minimum 3.00 of 4.00
- Preferably have teaching or organizational experience
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean
- Letter of Commitment Statement
- Parental Consent Letter
- Health Certificate
- Teaching or organizational certificate (optional)
- Achievement certificate (optional)
- Registration : 15 – 30 June 2021
- Selection : 1 -19 July 2021
- Training : 22 – 30 July 2021
- Departure : 22 – 30 July 2021
- Assignment : 2 August – 17 December 2021
- Student Return : 18 December 2021