BANDUNG, unpas.ac.id – Along with the decline in Covid-19 cases, the government encourages the implementation of limited face-to-face learning process (Pembelajaran Tatap Muka, PTM) at the university level. This was conveyed by Vice President of Indonesia Ma’ruf Amin at the Senate Open Meeting of Islamic University of Malang (Sidang Terbuka Senat Universitas Islam Malang) last Monday, 6 September 2021.
Previously, Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology, Nadiem Makarim has also allowed the university in the Level 1-3 PPKM to hold a limited PTM, but it is required to follow the SKB of Four Ministers and obey to the health protocol.
Responding to the regulation, along with the beginning of 2021/2022 Academic Year, Rector of Unpas Prof. Dr. Ir. H. Eddy Jusuf Sp, M.Si., M.Kom., IPU stated that the odd-semester course is still held online. However, courses that relate to experience learning are allowed to be held offline with a maximum capacity of 50 percent.
The 2021/2022 odd-semester courses have already been started since 6 September. Few of them will hold it on 13 September. Campus Introductory Program (Pengnalan Kehidupan Kampus bagi Mahasiswa Baru, PKKMB) will also be held online next October.
“The beginning of new semester has been running since last week and it is online. We have not re-opened the face-to-face learning course, since the it requires parents’ approval and students’ vaccination,” the Rector said.
Regarding the limited PTM, Vice Rector I of Academic and Collaboration Prof. Dr. H. Jaja Suteja, SE., M.Si stated that Unpas is going to hold it as the pilot class.
“We will hold the limited PTM as pilot class, like what has been said by the Rector, to support the government program by still paying attention to the strict health protocol,” he said at the event of Briefing for Islamic and Sundanese Values for Teacher (Pembekalan Nilai-nilai Keislaman dan Kesundaan bagi Dosen) on Thursday, 9 September 2021.
Currently, the technical implementation of limited PTM is still being arranged at the internal rectorate office. It is to determine on which class of students that can participate in the course. Course class and other facilities also need to be arranged properly so that the implementation can take place smoothly.
These are regulations for limited PTM in the university reported from SKB of Four Ministers:
- The related university is required to fulfil the check-list before re-opening the limited PTM.
- After the teacher and other academic staffs at campus have already been vaccinated for Covid-19 shot completely, the central government, local government, regional office, or office for Ministry of Religion requires the university to provide the provisions for limited PTM by still implementing health protocol and online learning process (Pembelajaran Jarak Jauh, PJJ).
- Parents or students’ guardians can choose for their children to do the limited PTM or still continue to carry out PJJ.
- Based on the observation result and/or if there are Covid-19 case confirmed, the central government, local government, regional office, office for Ministry of Religion and Heads of Educational units is required to undergo to handle the case and can stop the limited PTM temporarily in the concerned university.
- In the term of central government policy to prevent and handle the spread of Covid-19 virus, the limited PTM can be stopped temporarily according the regulation period. (Reta)*